Sunday 26 August 2012

Judgements, Judging and Being Judgemental



I bet you're all judging me cause of the picture LOL!

This week, the topic of being judgemental has really been on my mind. Just yesterday, I was thinking of writing something along this topic but I didn't feel like doing it (sorry for being lazy? Haha) I just changed my twitter DP to something that is totally different from the usual me. (The Picture LOL) It's not that I suddenly want to have a new look or anything.. It's actually me just being who I want to be.
Before uploading the photo, I had a lot of hesitations and they were all because I was afraid of being judged by people. In the end, I came to a conclusion: you won't know anything till you try it, if it turns out bad, at least you had the courage to do something bold and new. If it turns out good, well, BRILLIANT! Good for you :)
So I boldly pressed the update button and up goes the new DP and immediately, I lost all my confidence hahaha I was thinking if I should just remove the picture but by that time, I had already stepped out of my house so no wifi = can't change
When I got to a place with wifi (school), I received notifications from twitter and my friends responded to the change in the DP and I felt really encouraged by them. (cause they said it was nice hehehe (:<)
Actually... I don't see the link between my story and the topic but it was because I was afraid of being judged. I once had a sermon about this topic and the only thing I remembered was this statement "Don't judge and you won't be judged" How true! Well, you will still be judged but you wont be bothered by it so it kinda = won't be judged. It's because we are so judgemental of everything that we are afraid of being judged. If one is able to not be judgemental, then he or she will also not bother if others judge them and will thence be unaffected and carry on with being true to themselves. I'm currently working on that, cause it is obviously a very difficult task but it is not impossible!
Another thing is who are we to judge others? We're not judges or lawyers so who are we to judge others?
During Cell Group (CG) today, I learnt about judges... We're in no proper position to judge others, the one true judge there is is only God. For only God is without sin. He is pure and holy whereas we all have sin in us, or as people like to say "we're all human". Even the most righteous man on earth has sin, therefore, none of us are in the position to judge, true? Haha give it some thought.

Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment