Monday 18 November 2013

Words

I wanted to write about being perfectly hollow when I realised I wasn't hollow . I am filled with the Holy Spirit and that makes me filled and not hollow :) so today's post is about words.

Have you ever been hurt by someone's words? Have you ever said hurtful words to a friend? Have there been words that built you up? Have you ever encouraged someone?
Surely the answers to those questions are yes, everyone has good and bad experiences with words. To me, words are the sharpest double edged swords that ever existed. Words from the same mouth can build someone up and tear then down at the same time. 
My past week, I've said lots of hurtful things to the people around and I have been hurt countless of times through careless words by another person. We sometimes say things without meaning them or without thinking. 
Impulsiveness - this is the very thing that drives those hurtful words right into the hearts of others. 
So what I'm trying to say is... We should be more patient and less impulsive, to control the end result that won't put us in a spot. Spouting something hurtful and having to clean that mess isn't an easy job and I'd rather avoid and prevent it as much as possible. 
So this week's take away message is to tame our tongues, that it will not hurt the ones we love or care about. 




Sorry about being so bitter early in the morning :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment